“A soul that remains alone is like a burning coal that is left by itself: it will grow colder rather than hotter.” (John of the Cross, 16th century monk). Ecclesiastes 4:11 echoes this truth: “If two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?” We need the warmth that comes from others whose hearts burn for God. God never intended us to be independent believers but interdependent believers.
Saint Andrew’s Church is a place you can call home and find spiritual growth and fellowship. You will find us to be a church family excited about having the opportunity to extend to you the same love, hope and joy we have received from the Lord.
Below is a short list of the various ways members of St. Andrews engage with the Lord and one another:
Sunday School Classes
- Middle & High School
Prayer team before church and throughout the week
- Thursdays at Cafe 153 at Bridgestreet at 1100-1200, we’ll have you in and out for lunch. We are currently working through the Gospel of John.
- We have had studies or Wednesday night series on marriage, lent, spiritual gifts, prayer, and other topics throughout the year: watch for our latest series or study!
- Men’s night is the last Thursday of every month: each month is at a different location: we have been to breweries around Huntsville, hockey games, and cook outs at members houses.
- Women’s night monthly. Past events have included movies, game nights, and meeting at members houses.
- Picnic – the last Sunday of each month we have a member-wide picnic at a pavilion on Monte Sano (weather permitting). The church provides hot dogs (vegan dogs on request). The members provide sides and deserts. Don’t worry about bringing anything – there is always extra!